Over a three-month period, participants engage in a series of interactive workshops that results in the completion of a short film or digital media project exploring a social issue/challenge/opportunity in their community. In each workshop, participants learn a set of skills related to film and television production and professional communication, which includes:
- Developing ideas for documentaries
- Research and writing documentaries
- Organizing and conducting interviews for documentaries
- Planning a documentary project
- Working with cameras
- General audio and video technology
- Editing techniques
- News gathering and production
- Lighting for TV production
- Legal and ethical considerations of documentary filmmaking
- Critical thinking about television media
After completion of film training, participants host and lead a film screening/panel discussion. To view past discussions, please visit Events.
If you are a professional in media and/or television and would like to partner with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Film Training.